Poole Runners Present
The Female Athlete with Renee McGregor
OPEN TO MEMBERS AND NON-MEMBERS
Poole Runners are delighted to be offering two talks on Friday 9th June aimed at women in sport. These will be hosted by leading sports dietician and acclaimed author Renee McGregor, who has worked with Olympic, Paralympic and Commonwealth teams in her 20 years of experience.
Talk 1 – Adolescence and Athletics – 6:30-7:30pm
Aimed at female athletes (and their parents and coaches) aged 11-18, looking at the impact of hormones and development on female health and training. This will include covering the four distinct phases of the menstrual cycle, as well as information about how to tailor training to adapt to changing bodies and puberty.
Talk 2 – Managing the Menopause – 8-9pm
Aimed at female athletes (and their coaches and peers) who are experiencing the menopause and perimenopause. This talk will cover the changes the female body can go through during this time hormonally and the impact that has on physical health, as well as how to fuel and train to ensure your body has everything it needs to continue doing the things you enjoy.
Location: The Theatre, POOLE HIGH SCHOOL, Wimborne Road
Poole, BH15 2BW
- U18s may attend free when accompanied by a paying adult (age 18+).
- One adult can accompany up to four free U18 tickets, but names for all U18 tickets MUST be declared on the booking link in order to secure booking.
- All U16s must be accompanied by a paying adult. Those aged 16+ may attend alone but will need to purchase an adult ticket.
- Attendees aged 18+ must purchase a full adult ticket in order to attend either talk.
- Ages are as of the date of the event.
By purchasing a ticket, you agree to the following terms and conditions:
- Tickets are non-refundable, but in the unfortunate event that the evening must be cancelled, all tickets will be valid for a replacement date.
- Attendees agree to follow any regulations stipulated by Poole High School
Kindly supported by HD Physiotherapy
Talk 1 - Adolescence and Athletics
6:30 pm - 7:30 pm
Talk 2 - Managing the Menopause
8:00 pm - 9:00 pm
Venue: Poole High School Theatre