ON-LINE ENTRIES HAVE NOW CLOSED
There will be some limited entries available for the 10k and minithons (the 5k has sold out), in person at the admin tent in Poole Park. The admin tent is open from 2pm-7pm Saturday and from 8 am Sunday.
POOLE FESTIVAL OF RUNNING 2017
Now running over 2 days and featuring a new spectator friendly time trial on Saturday evening, this year’s festival promises to be bigger and better than ever.
RUN FOR CANCER 5K
The Poole Festival of Running 5k is this year moving to a new time slot of Saturday afternoon at 5pm. The race is again supporting the Poole Hospital Charity who are raising money to provide a room specifically for the use of teenagers with cancer who are having to stay in the hospital during treatment. If you would like to help support this cause, then please consider choosing one of the entry options to add an extra £5 donation to your entry fee.
NOTE: Minimum age for entry is 13 years on race day. Due to the confines of the course, the event is not suitable for wheelchairs, pushchairs or buggies etc and please – no dogs.
PLEASE NOTE: The order has now been placed for t-shirts, so while we have tried to correctly estimate the sizes required, we cannot guarantee the correct size will be available for new entries.
(This is subject to change so please check the website or facebook page nearer the time for any revisions).
Saturday 3rd June 2017
- 2:00pm: Admin marquee opens for number collection.
- 5:00pm: Run For Cancer 5k – raising money for the Poole Hospital Charity. All finishers get a t-shirt, medal, bar voucher and goody bag.
- 6:30pm: 5k prizegiving followed by live music form Curveball.
- 9:00pm: Raffle for the Poole Hospital Charity – Teenage Cancer Room fund.
Sunday 4th June 2017
- 8:00am: Admin marquee opens for number collection.
- 9:00am: Minithon for Boys and Girls aged 6 and 7.
- 9:15am: Minithon for Boys and Girls aged 8 and 9.
- 9:30am: Minithon for Boys and Girls aged 10 and 11.
- 9:45am: Minithon for Boys and Girls aged 12 to 14.
- 9:50am: Minithon for Boys and Girls under 6.
Note: Although we will be running combined Boys and Girls races, they will have separate prizes for 1st,2nd and 3rd.
- 10:30am: Poole 10K – It may have a new time, but our flagship event retains the same fast and flat course, with a fantastic atmosphere, musical entertainment on course, and an entry field of all abilities. All finishers get a t-shirt, medal and goody bag.
If you enter both the 5k and the 10k you will get a medal hanger, instead of a second t-shirt, on completion of the 10k.
Note this year we will not be taking postal entries. If you have any problem with entering online then please email email@example.com
Please see: http://poolefestivalofrunning.com/prize-list/
Run under UKA rules
Licence Number: 2017-29816
- Poole Festival Of Running - Run For Cancer 5k
5:00 pm - 6:00 pm
Venue: Poole Park, Poole